Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Neil Warnock n his Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TickTok

Number of posts : 5199

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Have to say I feel for him this week - I dont think I have seen a worse example of a goal being ruled out on the cross the line issue.

He n his Chairman are not well loved in the game n their poor ranting of the situation isnt helping their cause. Every media outlet has had their lump of flesh out of them, where a club statement in asking, isnt it about time these kind of things were snuffed out with cameras to help the officials? - may have put them in a better light over the matter.

I feel when its a case like this - when the ball hit the BACK of the net - Bristol are a bit out of order with their stance.

They could have took the high ground on this and offered to replay the game and that would have taken the sting out of everything, including some of the pressure on the officials on the day.

Yet another example on why goal line camera's are long overdue.

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Bristol City should offer to replay the game. Not sure if the Football League would allow, but I remember when Arsenal played Sheffield United in the FA Cup a while back.

Late in the game with the score 1-1 a Sheffield United player had gone down injured and the United keeper put the ball out in order that his teammate could receive treatment. Parlour took the throw and supposedly was giving it back to United. Kanu ran on to the ball and crossed it for Overmars, who put it in the back of the net. That made it 2-1 Arsenal and that was the final score.

Arsenal offered to replay the game, which Arsenal went and they picked up a lot of respect for the offer. Bristol City could do the same and would be respected for it, but they maybe thinking with the Championship so tight, the 3 points maybe vital for a play off spot.

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm

The match wont be replayed. The Ref has been stood down - (not stood ON, by Warnock!?).
I agree that it must be time for some sort of goal line technology to be brought in to try and stop this and the Watford/Reading type thing from happening but Fifa and probably Uefa are for some reason against it. Maybe the game should have been replayed but the governing bodies in this country much like Fifa & Uefa tend to dodge the issue all too often.

With regard to Bristol being cited that maybe they should of offered to replay the game or as some have said maybe should of allowed Palace "free" run on goal to score, I differ (if it had been the other way round-apart from having a riot in the ground-would Warnock & Palace acted any differently? I doubt it).

Because the decision/mistake was a blatent failure on the officials part, it was not a failure on Bristols part (unless you count poor defending & goalkeeping!), or any "ungentlemanly conduct" either, as were the Arsenal/Sheff Utd, Notts Forest/Yeovil games which are quoted, - both of those relied on the "unwritten" give the ball back rule when a player has been injured & the ball ending up in the net through lack of communication or misplaced pass. For me this is squarly on the officials, their governing body, and their paymasters-the Football League's doorstep, they're the people who should stand up admit guilt, and put a satisfactory decision in place to suit all parties....but we all know it won't happen. Palace aren't at fault, Bristol ditto. Until the authorities stop dithering and try to side step issues these things will keep on happening.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Bristol City's manager Johnson has a different take on the call saying that;

"I've spoken to the assessor of the game and at that actual incident, just after the ball went into the net, the linesman put his flag in to the air. The referee ran over to the linesman who was still standing with his flag in the air and obviously spoke to him.

"At this point nobody knew why the goal was not given. We all saw the ball hit the back of the net. Then the referee didn't give the goal so at the end we asked the referee why the goal wasn't given and he said 'for an infringement'.

But if that is the case why has the officiating crew been dropped from officiating Tuesday's Championship match between Plymouth and Cardiff as a result of his error.

By the way what actually is a match assessor and their role?

ps;

Platini is against goal line technology because he believes the ‘human element’ of refereeing must be retained. Mistakes by referee's are as much a part of the game as mistakes by the players according to Platini.

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Also begs the question as to why then didn't the ref relay it was an "infringment" to the Palace captain at the time of the desicion ? A case of chinese whispers & and a smell of 'bull****' methinks to cover up his faux pas.

Was there a 4th official ? What was he doing ? Having a nap or doing the crossword with the Assesor !

As for Platini, decent footballer, not so good officiator another administrator dazzled by his ego and not on the same wavelength as football fans in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

Number of posts : 5199

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

I just feel Bristol could have boxed alot better on this issue.

Even if they had offered to replay, its extremely unlikely the Football league would allow it.

This would take the heat of them - and they would have a better reception at Selhurst Park next year.

You can be sure the Sky cameras will be live for the return fixture.

All this hiding behind the officials only paints them in a light of taking advantage.

I fully understand they have done no wrong - But sometimes taking the high ground is far more of a advantage.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock n his Rant   

Back to top Go down

Neil Warnock n his Rant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1