Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Newcastle back in the Premier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Newcastle back in the Premier   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Newcastle were promoted to the Premier League on Monday after Nottingham Forest's 0-0 draw with Cardiff confirmed the Magpies will finish in the Championship's top two positions.

Good to see, didn't really expect them to bounce right back, because it usually takes awhile yo adjust being out of the Premier. However, Hughton's done a great job there this season. Can't say I have followed the championship much this year, but I wonder what the Newcastle fans think about Ashley now and do they still what Shearer back as manager?

West Brom look certain to join them, but that doesn't surprise since they seem to be a yo yo team. But who else will join them Notts Forest should finish third but that's no guarantee of wining the play-off, usually the third place team struggles in the play-offs. maybe one of the Welsh teams or Leicester who have gone up a division recently. Even Blackpool who are only a point out of a play off spot. Would be something to see Blackpool back in the top division.

Number of posts : 5199

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle back in the Premier   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah I am happy to see them back - I am curious to see what happens.

I heard they were chanting the owners name a month ago - so who knows.

Not sure about Houghton, but as long as they dont waste their money on too many forwards - a season of getting used being back in the big time with a safe finish in the middle of the table would be a good way to start building.

West Brom should join them and they have become the YOYO club of this decade. Pretty much like Charlton once were.

Newcastle back in the Premier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1