Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Swansea or Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Swansea or Reading   Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Who would be the better team to come up to the Premier? It is said Swansea play attractive football ever since Wigan's manager Martinez was in charge there, but Reading has scored more goals. Swansea with their slightly better defense and the best home record in the Championship might have a better chance of survival. Could depend on the the ability and willingness of their owners to spend. I have not seen either team play much and don't know anything about their ownership, so other than it would be good to see Swansea back in the top division for the first time in 25 years, I am not really sure about which one should come up.

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Mon May 23, 2011 10:09 am

This is really a tough one to call, but i will say Reading are going to be the ones to come up. The run they have been on recently is superb! I don't see any reason why they won't carry it on and beat Swansea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Mon May 23, 2011 2:20 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
This is really a tough one to call, but i will say Reading are going to be the ones to come up. The run they have been on recently is superb! I don't see any reason why they won't carry it on and beat Swansea.

Hope your wrong Josh ~ I like Swansea cause of their manager ~ Top Bloke

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Tis a close call this one, both get the ball down and try to play footy the right way, both seem pretty consistent defensively, but unless either owner splashes the cash once promoted on the right type of premiership players I fear they'll both come backdown a-la Blackpool.
Have no real preference but will go with the Swans cos I think they will be a bit harder to breakdown, but could all come down to peno's!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Congratulations to Swansea on promotion to the premiership. With a strong Chelsea presence on the day, I was so pleased for Brendon Rogers who had a difficult time at Reading, when a internal, almost mutiny\losing bottle against\in him had him leaving after just 6 months. He plays a style of football which was too much for Reading, but exactly what Swansea had been trying to play for a few years. Adding pace to an already good ball playing side n a bit of steel at the back they have gone from being one of the fav's for relegation before the season started, to being this seasons Blackpool.

Conversations are all ready hot between Chelsea fans on which Chelsea youngsters will be on loan there next season & I just wonder if Josh will end up there on a years loan?

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 am

Swansea has come a long way in 7 or 8 years when they only missed relegation to the conference by a point I think.

Doesn't Arnesen want two or three Chelsea youngsters at Hamburg?

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Swansea has come a long way in 7 or 8 years when they only missed relegation to the conference by a point I think.

Only Hamburg wants them?

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 4:16 pm

TickTok wrote:
Redcanuck wrote:

Only Hamburg wants them?

I am sure other teams do as well. But Arnesen it is said, is hoping to use his connections to the youth set up at Chelsea to buy them, not take them on loan.

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 4:40 pm

It all depends on the price Hamburg are prepared to pay.

Manciene is said to be a fee of up to 3.5 million.

Now for Chelsea, that makes all the money spent on the youth system well spent over the past few years. He isnt going to be good enough to be a regular first team player for us, but he has had the best up bringing any young kid can get at a professional club.

Arnesen knows he is a fine young player who is expendable by Chelsea & I am sure he would like to see if he can winkle out Kakuta too.

Kakuta was brought to the club by Arnesen & has been, up to this season, the bright pearl in the youth system. There is no doubt he has been over taken by Josh & maybe one or two others, but after just signing a long term contract with the club, its unlikely Chelsea would sell him, but a loan deal with a high placed club who will give him airtime would sure be sweeter.

We do have some very good young players who have come through our system, but as I have said before, Chelsea is not a normal club and probably the hardest club in the UK to break into the first team for young players. When you have 50million pound players being brought to the club and a owner who is said to be about to spend 3 times as much over the next 2 months, you truly need to be an exceptional talent to even sit on our bench. Arneson knows this and I am sure would like to Cherry pick the better young talent we have at the club. However, we know very well how good they are and I am sure only deals will be made thats best for Chelsea and we are not left with a situation like Manchester United have with Rossi said to be involved in a transfer of around 30million just a few years after being moved on.

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 6:37 pm

I saw the 30m for Rossi. He's a decent player but never suited the Premier and I can't see anybody willing to pay that type of money.

It's tricky for the top clubs to keep their young talent happy, because they see other players their age and not as talented playing regular football and aren't happy on the bench. Sooner than later you have to find a place for them with the first team. They aren't content to bide their time anymore and if they don't get first team opportunities they want to move. Loan deals are only a temporary solution, you can get away with loaning them out for one season, but anymore than that doesn't seem to work.

United are going to have a decision to make by the end of next season, if not sooner with Welbeck and Cleverley. Arsenal may get lucky with Wiltshire and Ramsey but only because they may not be able to keep Fabregas and Nasri. I suspect Chelsea's young left backs are not prepared to play behind Cole for another 4 or 5 years and McEachran may already feel he is ready for the first team and may not fancy a loan move.

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Toughest decision is Josh ~ He is an super talent who could play in any Premiership team now ~ his problem at Chelsea is, he would like to play behind the strikers and up to now, we dont really have that position when we play 4 3 3.

Its really difficult to guess whats going to happen as we dont know the managers name. If its Hiddink as I suspect, we will be a 4 3 3 , but play different formations away from home ~ mainly in Europe.

I think Hiddink will allow most of the young players to go out on Loan, at least till the January window and in Josh case, midfield with be congested with the expected arrival of Modric from Spurs once they have sold their season tickets.

We shall see what happens and I have to admit to being open minded to anything happening at Chelsea.

Remember this is the last year the Owners money can be spent without coming under the new rules, so dont rule anyone out ~ if we can get Torres out of Liverpool, why not any other player?

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 8:56 pm

You think Modric will end up at Chelsea? They say United are interested in him replacing Scholes. Maybe Berbatov or Carrick going back to Spurs. But lots of silly rumours out there.

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm

The word is Modric still wants to sign for Chelsea, who he wanted to sign for before being carted off to Spurs.

I have been told he has told Spurs if a deal can be struck between the two clubs, he would like to move to Chelsea and the word is, Spurs are resigned to it happening, but not till they have sold their season tickets. Fans had till the 22nd of May to renew them, and they are now being offered to the members. I expect there will be news on his arrival within the first 2 weeks of the window opening.

We shall see.

I have also been told they dont want either of the two players you say will be offered to them from United ~ Who would?

Oh and just a add on to the above ~ We believe its Spurs behind the rumours that United are interested in Modric, as they hope for a bidding war.

United want the Inter player.

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swansea or Reading   Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 pm

It does look to me that United are more interested in Sneijder, but I wonder if his salary demands might be too much. Hard to see many top players from the European leagues coming to England with the tax rate and weak pound. That's why most of the big buys are for players already in the Premier.

I can't see Spurs wanting Carrick , but I think they would take Berbatov back but not at a price United would take, so I expect he will stay at United.

Swansea or Reading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1