Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 pm

It's been a battle all season long between Sheffield's two teams to see who was to join Charlton as the two automatic promotions into the Championship. I thought a few weeks ago that United had it sewed up, but Wednesday's hot streak and United's collapse down the stretch saw Wednesday clinch automatic promotion on the final day of the season.

10 wins and two draws since Wednesday fired Megson and replaced him with Jones and coupled with United falling apart around the time Ched Evans was found guilty.

The family back in Sheffield is divided on this one, I think there are slightly more blue than red, but the younger ones seem to be United fans and the older ones are dying off.

Good to see Wednesday on the way up and I hope United come up via the play off.

Number of posts : 5199

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Fri May 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Have to say it was an interesting move when they removed Megson and while controversial, they did replace him with a quality manager.

Long time since I have been to Hillsborough and maybe with a slice of luck or two, we might see this sleeping giant back in the prem.

United did fall apart as you say Red. I wonder if they can turn things around for 3 extra games?

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Will be tough to see United turn it around, they got a good result today scoreless away to Stevenage and if Cresswell gets healthy, he's only been used as a sub lately and I believe didn't play at all today they may have a chance.

But no Premier football in Yorkshire, Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire sucks.

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1