Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

MLS play-off structure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: MLS play-off structure   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Looking at the play off structure for the MLS Cup.

6 teams in each conference make the play-offs. The fourth- vs. fifth-place teams and the third- vs. sixth play a one game knockout. First place team plays the lowest seeded team left and the second place team plays the other team that survied the knockout in a home and away most goals win. Winners play each other in a home and away and the two conference winners play in the Cup final.

Hopefully Toronto and Montreal get to play at some time in the play-offs. Would definetly go to see that game if it is in Toronto.

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:03 am

I've been chatting with a lot of the old boys that jumped at season tickets for TFC in the early offing only to dump them at the low point before the Defoe deal came in. A lot of them are regretting it now...especially with Giovinco.

I still couldn't really give a shit about MLS. It's hard to watch. I've really tried. The goal I posted in the other thread was nice, but check the right back's defensive effort. It's sunday league-ish.

Still..something to crow about in Toronto. Hasn't been anything of note for a good two decades.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 am

I was thinking more about atmosphere. The place was about 1/3 full for the Canada game I saw and it was really rocking. Both FC and the Impact have some serious fans and their antics will be better than the football.

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   

Back to top Go down

MLS play-off structure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1