Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Donny in the Championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Donny in the Championship   Sun May 25, 2008 4:06 pm

This one I enjoyed, Doncaster's first time at Wembley and they beat their big neighbours from Leeds. Four teams from South Yorkshire in the Championship next year, there will be a lot of local interest for me in that league next year.

PostSubject: Re: Donny in the Championship   Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Donny is where I live!, My 2 lads went down to wembley to see the game, telephoned me to say its been fantastic!! Well you can imagine! Even sweeter that it was against Leeds. Pleased for the Rovers, they try to play some good stuff, have a decent if small stadium, and will give the championship their best shot, whether they stay up we'll see but I'd like to think so.
(In case you're wondering, I am a born and bred cockney who just happened to move north some time ago hence the Hammers fixation)
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Donny in the Championship   Sun May 25, 2008 5:40 pm

dicanio wrote:
Donny is where I live!, My 2 lads went down to wembley to see the game, telephoned me to say its been fantastic!! Well you can imagine! Even sweeter that it was against Leeds. Pleased for the Rovers, they try to play some good stuff, have a decent if small stadium, and will give the championship their best shot, whether they stay up we'll see but I'd like to think so.
(In case you're wondering, I am a born and bred cockney who just happened to move north some time ago hence the Hammers fixation)

I didn't know you live in Donny? When I am in England, I usually stay at my cousin's place in Tickhill, just outside of Doncaster.

PostSubject: Re: Donny in the Championship   Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Frequented those Tickhill watering holes "Millstone", "Carpenters Arms" & "Travellers Rest" a time or two! Plus me eldest lad's latest 'girl friend' is from Tickhill. Tis a small world Red, I'm probably related to Ticktok by some distant relative??!! LOL! Who'd have thought it Hull & Donny promoted in the same season...miracles sometimes do happen! cheers
Back to top Go down
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Donny in the Championship   Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 pm

I nearly bourght a house in Tickhill 15 years ago when I was working just outside Rotherham and was offered a partnership in a company.... Thurcroft was the name of the village.

There was a Auction house there (wilkinsons? next to a social club and sandwich bar... coop further along) that I spent a small fortune in most Mondays ..... Never got any Chelsea Programes lol.

Donny in the Championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1