Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 John gets his turn with the armband

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Nice move by the manager to give John what should be his, for this game after his dissapointment in the lottery.

John is heads and shoulders over anyone else in that squad and I am thrilled to hear from other clubs fans who believe John has done nothing wrong and should continue as Captain.

He who seems to be his major rival... forgetful Rio, has in many mind added another blank to his name.

Not only is he ball watching Rio..... he is Penalty watching Rio too!

Some leader of men he is!

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdef

avatar

Number of posts : 1492
Points :
40 / 99940 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 4:01 pm

There's only 3 candidates for the captaincy so its no surprise Terry gets his chance. I dont think we are any closer to seeing who gets the armband for keeps out of Gerrard, Terry and Ferdinand.
Leader of men Terry? Yeh. A racist thug. Good work. Nice video came out of him spitting at Tevez. Good work from the lad.

Are you having a laugh when you suggest Rio should have taken a penalty cos hes the skipper. "penalty watching Rio" Very Happy
Terry only stepped up for the personal glory of scoring the winning penalty. His eyes lit up. That would have looked good on his CV.
He plays the team card, but when the team should have been supporting and firing up Anelka, they were too busy consoling JT.
Tick, your loyalties are to be expected, but you have to see it from other fans views (and im sure some do support him) that JT is not the angel that you seem to reckon, the heart on the sleeve dedicated captain and not everyone feels sorry for him missing. I nearly do, but I've heard that some people are glad it unfolded the way it did. Testament to his character, I think.

Having said all this, which is the truth, I will support JT as an England player as much as any other player, Man Utd, Chelsea or otherwise as I always have. If he receives the armband for keeps then that support will not change either. I trust that finally a decent manager will make all the right choices for England and if he cant do it no one can. Just need to make the point that the sun does not shine out of Terrys backside. In fact, quite the contrary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 4:26 pm

wow... thats some spin....."Terry only stepped up for the personal glory of scoring the winning penalty. His eyes lit up. That would have looked good on his CV."

Do you leave the spacesuit on at night or take it off so you can practice keep me uppy with what lays between your legs?

Ok.... how about

Rio cowered behind 7 bigger men as they showed their mental strength and belief in their own ability allowing weaker men space in the minds to remember drug tests.

Not quite as good as the bollocks you have come out with..... but closer to the truth.

Even for you abcdef..... that one line on Terry is one of the dumbest I have read in all my time online.

And just when I thought you was improving too Neutral

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdef

avatar

Number of posts : 1492
Points :
40 / 99940 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Rio took his place in line behind players with more goalscoring ability. Penalties are about bottle, but are more about ability. Better penalty takers take penalties. Terry illustrated this perfectly.
Perhaps the bigger man would be the one who put personal glory aside to say no, "I am not a penalty taker because i am a centre back".
Its always all about JT. Lest we not forget, Anelka missed the penalty that sent Chelsea home trophyless. Yet its John Terrys personal open letters we see flying about, saying how he loves Chelsea and hes so sorry. He has nothing to be sorry for. Anyone could miss. But he wants to make it about him.
Do you disagree with my other points. Anelka clearly bottled taking in the first 5. He is a striker after all. He has also said recently that he didnt want a first 5 penalty which means he lacked confidence. So like I said, instead of consoling blubbing John while the shootout was still in progress, Chelsea players hearts and minds could have been with the men still to take penalties. But again, all about Terry. I didnt see any Utd players consoling Ronaldo after his miss, while the shootout was still in progress.
Its funny how people that dont agree with you are laughed off, but if they do agree they are excellent posts. There are things you have written in your long illustrial knowledgable *cough* history that I have disagreed with and some that I've even laughed at.
Maybe we'll wait and see what other people think, and then perhaps if I'm still in the minority you can completely discount my personal glory comment as ridiculous. Won't stop me thinking it though.

And finally, though it doesn't matter at all, I didnt get this jocolor
TickTok wrote:
Do you leave the spacesuit on at night or take it off so you can practice keep me uppy with what lays between your legs?
Unless of course I do, but its just not applicable in my mind because I don't live with the assumption that everything you say is gospel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm

I am not interested in your breaking down of the lottery that you won.

I am taking issue with your crap line on John.

When you write something well... I will praise you.... all others at this board has received praise from me in the past, either here or at other boards we have been members of.

I am not picking on you.... you should ask Huzup about our bantering at first.

Strangly I felt you took your Lottery win well and was improving..... I am afraid what you have written in this thread again shows you have some growing up to do.

I dont suffer fools.... thats the main reason I left the other board cause its full of them.

You are very welcome here and always read everything you write.... I am told you continue to show your hatred of Chelsea at the former board, but hey.... thats cool.

Just remember the "cream" posters from that board are here Wink




Spacesuit...... refering to you being a spaceman.... and what teenagers do at night. Rolling Eyes

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdef

avatar

Number of posts : 1492
Points :
40 / 99940 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm

I dont see any teenagers.
Unless you personally know JT, you dont know what went through his head when he decided to step up, and if you did he still probably wouldnt be truthful.
I dont hate Chelsea. Thats just a myth you live by. There are no Chelsea fans on the other board which would make hating Chelsea fruitless anyway.
I feel I am quite entitled to openly express my dislike for JT, because all I hear is how everyone should be sorry for him, when I think he is a thug on the pitch. Several examples back that up. I take nothing away from him as a player, but his personality on the pitch is sometimes unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huzup

avatar

Number of posts : 1067
Points :
89 / 99989 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Well it was inevitable that he would get his turn on the captaincy roundabout - but as we know nothing is going to be set in stone until September.
I've had to change my mind on the England captaincy role Embarassed
Three candidates supposedly - Terry, Rio and Gerrard.
The first two are extremely vocal, Gerrard likes to captain by showing everyone else how it should be done - he does speak up a fair bit, but not as much as someone like Terry.
However for me all 3 have bad points, more importantly (for me) they all outweigh the reasons why they should be captain.
John Terry may be a class defender, but he is a bully, his behaviour towards oppostion players and his constant berating of match officials is not something to be proud of - I know thats how it is in modern football - but that doesnt make it acceptable.
Rio - missing the drugs test - for whatever reason - its just not the role for him yet.
Gerrard - as much as I love him he's a cheat. Just because Drogba and Ronaldo dive more doesnt make him any less of a cheat.
It is the case of the lesser of the 3 evils - what can their captaincy bring to England and how can it change them?
Terry and Rio are excellent defenders - whether they were captain of the country or not - it wouldnt affect their performance.
We at Liverpool know that Gerrard needs an arm round his shoulder - why he loved Houllier so much - I believe if he was made England captain he'd rise to the challenge, rather than churning out the crap he usually does when he wears the 3 lions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Tue May 27, 2008 11:13 pm

I think Capello must have had his captain rotation plan mapped out and it was probably Terry's turn. Either that or he is just trying to boost his confidence. I donít think it means anything in regard to who will be the permanent England Captain.

Terry's actions in the Champions League Final and the aftermath show why there are questions about him being Captain of England.

The situation that led to Drogba's sending off was caused by Terry when he went after Tevez for doing what Chelsea had done twice earlier in the game. Then it looks like he spits or snorts on Tevez.

Then we come to the penalty shootout. Why is he taking a penalty in the first place, when Chelsea had two strikers available? I know Anelka was supposed to have declined, but Kalou who took the sixth penalty and scored could have taken the fifth penalty. Terry didn't slip on a piece of wet sod, it was just a poor taken penalty, his set up was all wrong and he was leaning to far backwards, that's why he slipped. But that is what you expect from players who aren't natural goal scorers, and that's why they don't usually take penalties. As for Rio, why would he take a penalty, I canít remember ever seeing him take one. Strikers and attacking midfielders are paid to score goals, why would anyone select a centre back to take a penalty, imagine the criticism of the centre back or manager if a centre back took a crucial penalty and missed.

I would go so far to say that Rio not taking the penalty could be seen as a sign of his leadership qualities, he realized that there were players who were better suited to take a penalty. Compare that to Terry who it has been said that as Captain, he insisted that he take the deciding penalty. That he and he alone was capable of wining the penalty shootout. Now he may have volunteered to take the penalty because nobody else wanted to, but there is a feeling that there was no chance that Terry was going to let anyone else have the glory of wining the Champions League for Chelsea.

It is reports that Terry started to cry as soon as he missed the penalty and carried on crying right through the rest of the penalty shootout that have people questioning Terry. He didnít seem to care that the game is still undecided, didnít seem to care what effect his tears will have on Kalou who has to take the next penalty. Terry wasnít crying because the team failed, he cried because he'd failed. It was all about him.

Then he writes a letter to Chelsea FC and their fans. Again itís all about him, how he feels bad and he let the team down. I am sure that die hard Chelsea fans see this as character, but many others see it as the ramblings of an arrogant, self absorbed megalomaniac, where it is all about John Terry.

I don't think Terry deserves to be captain of England, he is a bully and thug who constantly harasses referees and is a self absorbed megalomaniac who thinks everything is about him. He is not a good role model for kids and it sends out the wrong message if Capello names him as permanent Captain of England.

I am not saying that Rio Ferdinand should be Captain, the missed drug test, the planning of the Christmas party and his tendency to ball watch from time to time raise questions about him as well. But I am sure that John Terry shouldn't be Captain.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 12:13 am

Redcanuck wrote:
I think Capello must have had his captain rotation plan mapped out and it was probably Terry's turn. Either that or he is just trying to boost his confidence. I donít think it means anything in regard to who will be the permanent England Captain.

I am glad you wrote this hear Red.... I figured what abcdef couldnt have thought up all that he wrote and I decided to check out the old board.

I was about to blast you there...... instead i'll keep it inhouse

Redcanuck wrote:

Terry's actions in the Champions League Final and the aftermath show why there are questions about him being Captain of England.

Obviously not by the England manager......Only by those who are anti Chelsea.

Redcanuck wrote:

The situation that led to Drogba's sending off was caused by Terry when he went after Tevez for doing what Chelsea had done twice earlier in the game. Then it looks like he spits or snorts on Tevez.

Wot? Are you crazy...... Drogba runs 50 yards to get involved and thatís Johns fault?

He snorted.... Tevez got in the way.... try proving different!

Redcanuck wrote:

Then we come to the penalty shootout. Why is he taking a penalty in the first place, when Chelsea had two strikers available? I know Anelka was supposed to have declined, but Kalou who took the sixth penalty and scored could have taken the fifth penalty.

Fantastic spin and I was right to think this thought couldnít have come out of abcdef's mind.

Drogba was 5th penalty taker... sent off... needed a volunteer.... Anelka said no when asked and others shook their head..... John did what a leader does..... puts himself in the firing line.... unlike someone else I could mention who added penalty watching to ball watching.

Redcanuck wrote:

Terry didn't slip on a piece of wet sod, it was just a poor taken penalty, his set up was all wrong and he was leaning to far backwards, that's why he slipped. But that is what you expect from players who aren't natural goal scorers, and that's why they don't usually take penalties. As for Rio, why would he take a penalty, I canít remember ever seeing him take one. Strikers and attacking midfielders are paid to score goals, why would anyone select a centre back to take a penalty, imagine the criticism of the centre back or manager if a centre back took a crucial penalty and missed.

Yeah..... you keep telling yourself that Red...... it seems like neutrals opinion that the better team lost and United won the lottery by getting a HUGE slice of sodden luck is getting to you.

Your not alone..... boards everywhere United fans arnt liking the media and neutrals giving Chelsea credit for being the better team. I can understand why you would want this crap to be true.

Redcanuck wrote:

I would go so far to say that Rio not taking the penalty could be seen as a sign of his leadership qualities, he realized that there were players who were better suited to take a penalty. Compare that to Terry who it has been said that as Captain, he insisted that he take the deciding penalty. That he and he alone was capable of wining the penalty shootout. Now he may have volunteered to take the penalty because nobody else wanted to, but there is a feeling that there was no chance that Terry was going to let anyone else have the glory of wining the Champions League for Chelsea.

Feeling? TOTAL CRAP..... and to say not taking a penalty shows leadership qualitys is quite frankly right up there in lala land.....

Has DanLucus returned and taken over Red?

Redcanuck wrote:

It is reports that Terry started to cry as soon as he missed the penalty and carried on crying right through the rest of the penalty shootout that have people questioning Terry. He didnít seem to care that the game is still undecided, didnít seem to care what effect his tears will have on Kalou who has to take the next penalty. Terry wasnít crying because the team failed, he cried because he'd failed. It was all about him.

Funny this..... I dont remember anyone getting on at Gazza when he cried all through extra time in the Italy world cup.... or Bobby Charlton who cried like a newborn baby when England won the World cup.

This getting at John is just those who are desperate for drug test missing Rio to get the job.

Redcanuck wrote:

Then he writes a letter to Chelsea FC and their fans. Again itís all about him, how he feels bad and he let the team down. I am sure that die hard Chelsea fans see this as character, but many others see it as the ramblings of an arrogant, self absorbed megalomaniac, where it is all about John Terry.

Hahahaha..... No... you dont have anyone at your club that is as close to the fans as John is to us.

I think you should step back and think about this Red.

John is Blue through n through and is hurting that he let us down.

He didnt....

Redcanuck wrote:

I don't think Terry deserves to be captain of England, he is a bully and thug who constantly harasses referees and is a self absorbed megalomaniac who thinks everything is about him. He is not a good role model for kids and it sends out the wrong message if Capello names him as permanent Captain of England.

Pathetic. You should seek some help Red.

Redcanuck wrote:

I am not saying that Rio Ferdinand should be Captain, the missed drug test, the planning of the Christmas party and his tendency to ball watch from time to time raise questions about him as well. But I am sure that John Terry shouldn't be Captain.


Well your finally right about somethingÖ.. Rio shouldnít be anywhere near the armband.

Maybe they should give him one with the words ďdrug testĒ on it.

John Terry should be England captain. He is head and shoulders over anyone else thatís in the England squad and a pure leader of men.

He did nothing wrong while Captain under the former manager and is the best English centre half.


Seriously Red...... this posting is beneath you.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 2:11 am

We don't know what Capello thinks about Terry's actions in Moscow, if he decides to appoint someone else as permanent captain than Terry's actions could be one of the reasons.

Nobody is going to believe that Terry just happened to snort as Tevez walked by. Your right, they will never be able to prove Terry spat or snorted at Tevez, but in the court of public opinion, perception is enough to convict, you don't need proof. Just like it is alleged he made a racist comment to Ledley King when he was sent off against Spurs a couple of years ago.

Terry has to take some of the blame for Drogba's sending off because he started the whole thing. If he had just gone and taken the throw in instead of confronting Tevez, it would have all blown over.

As for the penalty ,Terry slipped because his technique was poor, he planted his foot wrong and he was leaning back too much. Yes he slipped, but eleven other players didn't have a problem. All I am saying is that a player who is paid to score goals would have a better chance to score from the spot than a defender. Anelka says he declined, but Kalou has never said he declined. It's not just people who are anti Chelsea that feel that a striker and not a centre back should be taking the decisive penalty.

As for United wining through luck, why is their luck involved in Terry's miss and little mention of Lampard's goal, where Essien's shot which was mishit and going wide, ricocheted off two players to land at Lampard's feet. Then to cap it off, Van der Sar slips at precisely the same spot as Terry and allows Lampard to put the ball in the empty net.

Regarding Rio not taking the penalty, I doubt whether he had any say in the matter. I always thought that the manager decided who took the penalties in a shootout and handed the lineup to the referee. I imagine that Ferguson and his staff decided who took the penalties and in what order. As for leadership qualities, you don't have to lead from the front all the time to be a good leader, sometimes you have to realise that there are times when others can do a better job.

I realise that you and die hard Chelsea fans have a great admiration for John Terry. He's one of you, he's Chelsea through and through. But you and the die hard Chelsea fans are the ones who need to step back and examine John Terry objectively. It's not just the anti Chelsea element that have a problem with Terry's attitude, there's a large segment of the football going public that see Terry as a bully and a thug, whether you want to admit that or not. And I don't believe that selecting an individual that is seen as a bully and thug as Captain of England sends the right message.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdef

avatar

Number of posts : 1492
Points :
40 / 99940 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 10:29 am

TickTok wrote:

I am glad you wrote this hear Red.... I figured what abcdef couldnt have thought up all that he wrote

Reds post on the other board was "Yesterday 11:32 PM" which was the 27th May.
My post on this board (the original one) "Yesterday at 4:01 pm" which was a full 7 hours before.
So unless i crept into the future and read Reds post and then came back into the past with my opinion forged from his??
Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to criticize and realise that perhaps more than one person might think the same thing. And Red is right. General public opinion is right now that Terry is a bully. Why can you not see it?
I almost think I'm wasting my time, because either you dont agree and assume yourself right, or blindly check another board full of "fools" to see if Red had posted there too and I'd cheekily copied it.
Well as the two times prove and you can check for yourself, that wasnt the case. I come to this forum as well as the other because I assume if theres something really really worth discussing then this is where the better minds meet and its more valuable for me. You should be less dismissive of other peoples opinions. Calling people pathetic for not agreeing with you is playground stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 10:37 am

Oh dear Red...... Its really affecting you bad Surprised ...... Capello playing with the captaincy has you wanting a drug taker as capatin.

Wot Rio isnt a drug taker?

Well we have about as much evidence on Rio as we have John being a racist for starters...... You really are Dan Lucus on this.

Wouldnt matter of couse that King is one of Johns best friends who went to his wedding and was one of the people that traveled to see John when he returned after the Russia game at his home?

No of course not.... rumour has it his said something racist.... cause it suits the dickheads of the world to try and get there man.

Rumour Opinion and Fans Spin is not fact Red......... The media and other fans leaning towards Chelsea being the better side in Russia must be tearing at you big style...... cause In all the time I have known you ..... you have never written so much crap on one subject.

Keep your fingers crossed Jose dont return....... gees... u might top yourself!

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 10:53 am

abcdef wrote:
TickTok wrote:

I am glad you wrote this hear Red.... I figured what abcdef couldnt have thought up all that he wrote

Reds post on the other board was "Yesterday 11:32 PM" which was the 27th May.
My post on this board (the original one) "Yesterday at 4:01 pm" which was a full 7 hours before.
So unless i crept into the future and read Reds post and then came back into the past with my opinion forged from his??
Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to criticize and realise that perhaps more than one person might think the same thing. And Red is right. General public opinion is right now that Terry is a bully. Why can you not see it?
I almost think I'm wasting my time, because either you dont agree and assume yourself right, or blindly check another board full of "fools" to see if Red had posted there too and I'd cheekily copied it.
Well as the two times prove and you can check for yourself, that wasnt the case. I come to this forum as well as the other because I assume if theres something really really worth discussing then this is where the better minds meet and its more valuable for me. You should be less dismissive of other peoples opinions. Calling people pathetic for not agreeing with you is playground stuff.

I may have got the times mixed up.... if I did... I take that one line back.

General public opinion ISNT that John is a Bully.

Only those who are desperate to get a Man Utd player as captain are doing all they can to whip up this crap about John.

The Media are not leading with this crap about John..... most are saying about time and he should never have had it taken away from him in the first place.

Check out what Terry Venables said.

Steve Claridge said on Setanta Sports that Terry has done nothing wrong while England captain and England would have probably got to the Euro championships if both he and Frank hadnt got injured during the campaign.

He said Terry is a proven leader of players... not just any players either..... at a club where there are international captains all through the squad.... he leads them without question.

Even Ballack... the German Captain..... has questioned why Capello is doing this. When asked about Johns captaincy he said..... There is something about him that you find yourself giving instant respect too. Chelsea are very lucky to have such a man.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 5:43 pm

TickTok wrote:
Oh dear Red...... Its really affecting you bad Surprised ...... Capello playing with the captaincy has you wanting a drug taker as capatin.

Wot Rio isnt a drug taker?

Well we have about as much evidence on Rio as we have John being a racist for starters...... You really are Dan Lucus on this.

Wouldnt matter of couse that King is one of Johns best friends who went to his wedding and was one of the people that traveled to see John when he returned after the Russia game at his home?

No of course not.... rumour has it his said something racist.... cause it suits the dickheads of the world to try and get there man.

Rumour Opinion and Fans Spin is not fact Red......... The media and other fans leaning towards Chelsea being the better side in Russia must be tearing at you big style...... cause In all the time I have known you ..... you have never written so much crap on one subject.

Keep your fingers crossed Jose dont return....... gees... u might top yourself!


To be honest, it doesn't matter who ends up being England's captain, and I have never said that Rio should be captain. Who ever it ends up being I will still support them. I am just pointing out that all the candidates are flawed and Terry is as flawed as any of the others. I don't think for one moment that Terry is a racist, anymore than I think Rio is a drug taker, but there are people that do. Capello has to take into account the public opinion when naming his captain, whether there is any truth to it or not. Some people are always going to believe that where's there's smoke there's fire. The job of England Captain is more than being a leader on the field. There is the public relations and marketing aspect of the job as well.

Nobody is saying that Terry is not a great defender or that he did anything wrong while Captain of England or that he is not a good captain of Chelsea. A lot of the desire for change is driven by the fact England have a new manager and Terry was the old manager's captain and a new broom is supposed to sweep clean. But some of it is driven by the opinion held by fans outside of Chelsea that Terry is a bully and a thug and it does not present the right image to have him as Captain of England.

You talk about fan spin, your the master of it. I don't think I have every heard you admit that Chelsea where beaten on the field by a team better on the day. Every Chelsea lose is either by a phantom goal, a dodgy red card or a loose piece of sod. Even United wining the Premier the last two years is down to Chelsea's injuries.

As for Chelsea being the better team in the Champions League Final, United were the better team in the first half and by the 40th minute should have been up 3-0, but they didn't take their chances and only led 1-0. Then Chelsea scores a lucky goal against the run of play and the first half ends 1-1. Chelsea make adjustments at half time and due to those changes and the late goal the momentum switched and Chelsea were the better team in the second half. Drogba could have won it for Chelsea late in the game but he hits the post and the second half ends 1-1. Chelsea starts the extra time better and could have gone ahead, but Lampard puts it off the bar. As the extra time continues, United come back into the game and were the better team the last 20 minutes of the game. United could have won it themselves, but Terry heads Gigs shot off the line.

If you look at the game over the full 120 minutes, United were the better team in the first 40 minutes and the last 20 minutes, while Chelsea were better in the 60 minutes in between. You can argue that one team was better than the other during the time that they were on top, but the difference is miniscule. The game seemed pretty even to me.

A fair result would have been a draw, but you can't split the trophy, so the game went to penalties. There is always an element of luck in penalty shootouts and one team is going to be lucky and the other unlucky, that's the way penalty shootouts are.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
TickTok wrote:
Oh dear Red...... Its really affecting you bad Surprised ...... Capello playing with the captaincy has you wanting a drug taker as capatin.

Wot Rio isnt a drug taker?

Well we have about as much evidence on Rio as we have John being a racist for starters...... You really are Dan Lucus on this.

Wouldnt matter of couse that King is one of Johns best friends who went to his wedding and was one of the people that traveled to see John when he returned after the Russia game at his home?

No of course not.... rumour has it his said something racist.... cause it suits the dickheads of the world to try and get there man.

Rumour Opinion and Fans Spin is not fact Red......... The media and other fans leaning towards Chelsea being the better side in Russia must be tearing at you big style...... cause In all the time I have known you ..... you have never written so much crap on one subject.

Keep your fingers crossed Jose dont return....... gees... u might top yourself!


To be honest, it doesn't matter who ends up being England's captain, and I have never said that Rio should be captain. Who ever it ends up being I will still support them. I am just pointing out that all the candidates are flawed and Terry is as flawed as any of the others. I don't think for one moment that Terry is a racist, anymore than I think Rio is a drug taker, but there are people that do. Capello has to take into account the public opinion when naming his captain, whether there is any truth to it or not. Some people are always going to believe that where's there's smoke there's fire. The job of England Captain is more than being a leader on the field. There is the public relations and marketing aspect of the job as well.

Nobody is saying that Terry is not a great defender or that he did anything wrong while Captain of England or that he is not a good captain of Chelsea. A lot of the desire for change is driven by the fact England have a new manager and Terry was the old manager's captain and a new broom is supposed to sweep clean. But some of it is driven by the opinion held by fans outside of Chelsea that Terry is a bully and a thug and it does not present the right image to have him as Captain of England.

You talk about fan spin, your the master of it. I don't think I have every heard you admit that Chelsea where beaten on the field by a team better on the day. Every Chelsea lose is either by a phantom goal, a dodgy red card or a loose piece of sod. Even United wining the Premier the last two years is down to Chelsea's injuries.

As for Chelsea being the better team in the Champions League Final, United were the better team in the first half and by the 40th minute should have been up 3-0, but they didn't take their chances and only led 1-0. Then Chelsea scores a lucky goal against the run of play and the first half ends 1-1. Chelsea make adjustments at half time and due to those changes and the late goal the momentum switched and Chelsea were the better team in the second half. Drogba could have won it for Chelsea late in the game but he hits the post and the second half ends 1-1. Chelsea starts the extra time better and could have gone ahead, but Lampard puts it off the bar. As the extra time continues, United come back into the game and were the better team the last 20 minutes of the game. United could have won it themselves, but Terry heads Gigs shot off the line.

If you look at the game over the full 120 minutes, United were the better team in the first 40 minutes and the last 20 minutes, while Chelsea were better in the 60 minutes in between. You can argue that one team was better than the other during the time that they were on top, but the difference is miniscule. The game seemed pretty even to me.

A fair result would have been a draw, but you can't split the trophy, so the game went to penalties. There is always an element of luck in penalty shootouts and one team is going to be lucky and the other unlucky, that's the way penalty shootouts are.

Just a couple of points Red.

If Terry is a bully n Thug...... are you saying Roy Keane should never have been an international captain?

While I dont really want to get into the Euro final for obvious reasons.... Id say after about 30-35 mins Chelsea dominanted till the end of Extra time.

It dont matter now... but the game has gained us alot of friends that we may have lost in the past.... and our standing on the mainland has never been higher.... quite superb their reaction to us after losing the lottery.

Spin on games of Chelsea...... I have admitted in this board games we should have lost.... Middlesbro at home this past season.... we had 90% of our luck over the season in the one game.

Yes.. I continue to speak of the injuries over the last two years.....

Although you have won the last 2 titles red..... u r still to reach the number of points my club got in our two titles.

I believe.... both seasons we would have gained alot more points if we didnt have the injuries to key players.

Commen sense tells you that and I have to say.... I long for the season when your club suffer the same problems with injuries as mine.... just to see how you do.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Fair point about Keane, with the Irish job not being as high profile as the English job, it's possible the Irish FA examined less aspects of the job than the English FA has to. Plus I think there is a less forgiven attitude towards the hounding of referees now days than in Keane's time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: John gets his turn with the armband   

Back to top Go down
 
John gets his turn with the armband
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» When John Cena turns heel
» CM Punk vs John Cena - How does it end?
» Why John Cena turning Heel Would Show How Poor Writers Are....
» Lil' John Butera update
» Turn signal relocation.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: