Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter   Tue May 27, 2008 11:40 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27052008/58/serie-mancini-close-inter-exit.html

Roberto Mancini, linked with the Chelsea manager's job, is on the verge of leaving Italian champions Internazionale according to his agent.

The Italian coach was called into a meeting with Nerazzurri president Massimo Moratti on Tuesday to discuss his future at the club - and emerged from their Via Durini offices just 25 minutes later.

And agent Giorgio De Giorgis - also a good friend of Mancini's - claims the short talks signal the end of Mancini's reign at the Giuseppe Meazza.

De Giorgis told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Is it finished? More or less, it seems to be, but I don't have any confirmation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/28/2

The Guardian goes a little further and says that, Inter president Massimo Moratti met with Mancini for talks yesterday and, despite the former Lazio manager having delivered three consecutive Serie A titles, duly agreed a parting of the ways with their working relationship having deteriorated steadily over the course of the season.

The Guardian further says that Mourinho is understood to have agreed terms on a three-year deal at San Siro and, once installed, may attempt to lure Didier Drogba, Ricardo Carvalho and Frank Lampard to Italy

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter   Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Right, now that Moroniho has been officially unveiled as boss, he has made no secret of suggesting he might like to take some Chelsea players with him.
Mainly for you Tick, but which players would you not mind Jose taking to Inter and for what sort of fees/deals?
For others, what players would you speculate that Chelsea would allow to leave?
Lets say, the rumoured names are Lampard, Drogba, Essien and Carvalho, although I'm sure more names can be speculated.
It's always an interesting situation when a manager moves from one big club to another, especially if he has tasted success at the former club. A lot is usually made of "raiding" the previous club but I think generally, this fails to materialise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter   Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:59 pm

The only player I believe will want at this moment in time to join up with him is Drogba

I dont think Frank will join him.

Carvaliho has a long contract and although he is said to be Jose's boy ect..... Nothing I have seen of his interviews would leave me to believe he would up and go.... we will see.

I am sure there are others that he will want..... but not only will Inter have to pay top dollar..... wages are high at Chelsea...

It dont really matter when you have Roman sitting your corner.....

Ancelotti said to be coming..... does that mean Kaka comes too?

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter   Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Ancelotti has ruled himself out. So if Chelsea did want him, well thats another name off the list. Looks possible you might have to "resort " to Hughes after all. He is said to be holding out on the City deal, to allow Chelsea to approach him. Might be worth a little bet on Hughes being the next Chelsea boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mourinho to replace Mancini at Inter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1