Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Team Manager GW Total
1 United 4ever Chris Williams\Red 72 72
2 ZingoBingo Smiffy Smith\Tick Jnr 70 70
3 InjuryFreeSeason Fred Smith\Tick 64 64
4 Simplemen _ Simpleman 49 49
5 K-Class Kiertan Saujani\ILChoc 47 47
6 SpiderPig XI huz pan\Huzup 46 46
7 Conservatives joshua chew\Conser 41 41
8 ABCDE FC D M \Abcdef 23 23

Gameweek 1 is over and Red is our first leader with a grand total of 72 points, thanks mainly to Deco being made his captain and accounting for 28 of his points.

ZingoBingo\Tick Jnr are in second place only 2 points behind our leader. He too managed to include the impressive Deco, but also had the foresight to pick another Chelsea player in Lampard who made captain to pick up 20 points. Can I say right now that hearing "I got 70 points I got 70 points" over and over is very annoying and I can only imagine what Reds family are going through having to listen to "I got 72 points I got 72 points"

For some reason ZingoBingo's manager decided to leave Geovanni of Hull on his bench and if he has included him instead of any of his forwards he would have been top.

The miracle that is InjuryFreeSeason being in third will probably not last long, however while it does I am going to shout from the roof tops that one of my players got a Hat-Trick. Agbonlahor of Villa scored all 3 in the 2nd half to help catapult Ticktok to nose bleed heights levels for him. Lampard too helped him with 20 points.

In forth we have Simpleman who picked up 49 points with thanks also to Agbonlahor (17) and Gareth Barry's two assists bringing another 8 points.

Just behind and only 2 points off simplemans pace we have K-Class\ILChoc who picked up double points by making Torres captain (12) and Martins goal at Old Trafford was a nice bonus too.

Spiderpig\Huzup are only one point behind after picking up good points from Ashley Young (7) and Santa Cruz (7). He too made Torres his captain and the Sunderland goal was doubled up to 12.

Conservatives had a quiet opening week, but still managed to find Deco and Barry to also cash in on their fine performances.

Bringing up the rear and in need of some mouth to mouth to help him get over leaving Fabregas as captain when he was injured, is Abcdef. He still managed to find good points from Torres and Gamst Pederson in his total of 23.

Spotlight on United 4Ever

Reds opening squad for this years Fantasy league has one astonishing fact..... No Man Utd players!

After taking Reina from Liverpool as his main keeper, he added Schwarzer of Fulham who has been very popular as a 2nd keeper.

In defence spending 6million on each of Gallas and Bosingwa Red should get good returns on clean sheets and maybe even the odd goal from Gallas. Bosingwa is good moving forward and almost got an assist today.

Picking the two cheap defenders that found their way to Villa late on could be looked upon as a masterstroke, but after watching the 2nd half of that game today, Villa's defence was made to look very questionable. Meite of West brom makes up the 5th defender and although he is expected to play, his team wont be known for many clean sheets.

In midfield Red pulls off his coup of the week picking Deco of Chelsea and making him captain. Red also has read up on Ashley Young said to be the steal of the Midfielders and added him at 8.5 million. I am sure he will return well. Taking Bentley and Modric from Tottenham is a bit of an eye opener, with De Ridder of Wigan being the cheap 5th midfielder.

Up front Red took another player from Spurs in Bent and an ex Spurs player in Keane of Liverpool. They can both score alot of goals in the premiership, but one wonders if Keane will take penalties for Liverpool. Santa Cruz makes up the squad and is a fine pick.

Overall: Red is the form man after his exploits last season. He does not make many mistakes and from what I can see puts a lot of thought into his squads. I think this is a well balanced squad where goals could come from many different players. Deco has kicked his season off into first place... its up to the rest of us to chase him down.

I do have one question thou Red..... No Man Utd players???.... What are you trying to tell us????

If you too would like to write a report one week on our little fantasy league.... let me know and if we have enough I'll make a little time-table so we have a different reporter each week.

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:58 am

I am surprised I did so well this week, considering I bought into the Spurs hype and had three Spurs players in my starting eleven.

Kudos to young Smiffy Smith, if it wasn't for Bentley getting three points for an assist on an own goal, he would have been top of the table. ZingoBingo is a pretty solid team and should challenge for the top all year long.

It is strange I am in many fantasy leagues on many sites and I don't have many United players. For the most part I find United players over priced. If you look at points per million they are not very good bargains.. Plus with a large squad and the rotations you never know who is playing. In this game you really have to keep on top of each team's probable line ups, or else you end up with a lot of expensive players not playing. So it is better to go with players you know will start.

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:02 am

I rarely pay much attention to these things which is why Fabregas remained captain. When i first picked the team, I saw that Arsenal had the easiest fixture and so named Cesc my captain. I then didnt really bother to change it Sad
If our tournament is set to get so much coverage, perhaps I shall try a bit harder to save the embarrasment of being last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Just a couple of comments on people's teams.

ABCDEF FC, Fabregas may or may not play in Game week 2 so you should watch the injury reports to see if he is going to play next week. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

You have two United players on your team, which is fine for next week, but don't forget that United don't play in week 3, so you will have to make some changes.

Conservative Read above about your two United players. Get Bosingwa off your bench and into your starting line up. I don't think it is a good idea to pick a defender as a captain, especially with midfielders Deco and Barry and Adebayor as a striker.

SpiderPig XI Hopefully Benitez will play Agger and you can go with a 4-3-3, as you defence and strikers are stronger than your midfield. I have my doubts about James this year and wonder if Friedel maybe a cheaper option.

K-Class You just got hurt by a few players having poor games, the team looks solid and I think a few players will have better games next week.

Simplemen Good pick coming up with Agbonlahor. As I said above, I have my doubts about Portsmouth's keeper and defence for now. They have a tough schedule at the beginning of the year, they are playing Crouch and Defoe upfront and this formation will expose their old defence. Maybe good picks once they come to terms with the changes to their formation.

InjuryFreeSeason Another good pick coming up with Agbonlahor. Much the same as K-Class, you would expect players like Gerrard and Adebayor to have better games next week and increase your point total.

ZingoBingo This is a solid team. Might be a bit risky picking Berbatov while he is still with Spurs. Personally I was waiting until we knew one way or the another if he was going to end up at United.

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:40 am

Team, Fans, Average Points

Middlesbrough 11,501 42.9
Chelsea 90,416 42.5
Aston Villa 28,725 42.2
West Ham 29,319 41.9
Bolton 7,611 41.9
Everton 30,600 41.7
Blackburn 12,101 41.1
Hull City 10,899 40.4
Liverpool 227,439 40.2
Newcastle 46,612 39.8
Fulham 17,709 39.6
Wigan 4,876 39.4
West Brom 6,217 39.3
Tottenham 72,044 39.1
Man City 20,525 39
Sunderland 14,442 39
Stoke City 7,779 39
Arsenal 160,508 38.4
Portsmouth 13,888 37.6
Man Utd 321,301 36.7

Lol
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Who do I pick as my Captain?

I got it right last week with Deco, but do I stick with Deco although Chelsea has a tough game at Wigan or do I go with Santa Cruz, A. Young, Bentley or Keane.

Was leaning towards Santa Cruz but it is been suggested that Young is a better option, any suggestions?

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Who do I pick as my Captain?

I got it right last week with Deco, but do I stick with Deco although Chelsea has a tough game at Wigan or do I go with Santa Cruz, A. Young, Bentley or Keane.

Was leaning towards Santa Cruz but it is been suggested that Young is a better option, any suggestions?

Difficult choices Red..... safe bet might be your keeper to double up on a clean sheet?

Fantasy League Report GameWeek 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1