Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Brian Barwick set to go

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huzup

avatar

Number of posts : 1067
Points :
89 / 99989 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

The CEO of the FA Brian Barwick will leave his post in December - breaking news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Was disappointed with the English display today, but they could have lost 5 or 6 nothing and it would have still been a good day once I heard that, that anti United Liverpool supporting **** was finished at the FA.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 pm

huzup wrote:
The CEO of the FA Brian Barwick will leave his post in December - breaking news

Yes.... the Chelsea boards have been hot on this since this morning. It seems Barwick would not bend to certain people at the FA and his allowing Capello to pick his own captain when those people wanted anyone but John.

How much truth in this we dont know, but the person who broke this on the Chelsea boards quotes 2 top sorses being told to their face by a senior FA person (Not Barwick) that the new captain would be Rio and not John.

The press conferance for the announcement of John as Captain was rushed through in record time, because I am told there were people at the FA trying to get it stopped and force Capello to choose someone else.

Again.... weather this is true or not, we dont know...... but it does look as thou Barwick has had enough of the internal bickering at the FA

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:59 pm

TickTok wrote:
huzup wrote:
The CEO of the FA Brian Barwick will leave his post in December - breaking news

Yes.... the Chelsea boards have been hot on this since this morning. It seems Barwick would not bend to certain people at the FA and his allowing Capello to pick his own captain when those people wanted anyone but John.

How much truth in this we dont know, but the person who broke this on the Chelsea boards quotes 2 top sorses being told to their face by a senior FA person (Not Barwick) that the new captain would be Rio and not John.

The press conferance for the announcement of John as Captain was rushed through in record time, because I am told there were people at the FA trying to get it stopped and force Capello to choose someone else.

Again.... weather this is true or not, we dont know...... but it does look as thou Barwick has had enough of the internal bickering at the FA

Like I said above I am glad Barwick has been fired, because I never felt he was up for the job. But it does seem that the people at the FA didn't want Terry as captain, not that it should be up them, that is the manager decision. But I suspect the FA is unhappy with Capello because they probably thought like a lot of us that his appointment would bring changes and if they wanted McClaren's team out there they would have keep McClaren as manager.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
TickTok wrote:
huzup wrote:
The CEO of the FA Brian Barwick will leave his post in December - breaking news

Yes.... the Chelsea boards have been hot on this since this morning. It seems Barwick would not bend to certain people at the FA and his allowing Capello to pick his own captain when those people wanted anyone but John.

How much truth in this we dont know, but the person who broke this on the Chelsea boards quotes 2 top sorses being told to their face by a senior FA person (Not Barwick) that the new captain would be Rio and not John.

The press conferance for the announcement of John as Captain was rushed through in record time, because I am told there were people at the FA trying to get it stopped and force Capello to choose someone else.

Again.... weather this is true or not, we dont know...... but it does look as thou Barwick has had enough of the internal bickering at the FA

Like I said above I am glad Barwick has been fired, because I never felt he was up for the job. But it does seem that the people at the FA didn't want Terry as captain, not that it should be up them, that is the manager decision. But I suspect the FA is unhappy with Capello because they probably thought like a lot of us that his appointment would bring changes and if they wanted McClaren's team out there they would have keep McClaren as manager.

You hit the nail on the head Red when u say "But I suspect the FA is unhappy with Capello because they probably thought like a lot of us that his appointment would bring changes and if they wanted McClaren's team out there they would have keep McClaren as manager."

Capello is more of a football man than every person that works at the FA.... and he picked the best man for the job.

Barwick CORRECTLY backed his manager to have that free choice.

Those who dont understand you pick the BEST man for the job over a political correct (thier choice is so political incorrect) need to take a look at all the men who have made John thier captain.... Jose Scolri and now Capello.... .. is there anything more he needs to say to prove he is the best English captain since Bobby Moore?

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 pm

It's not really the choice of Captain that is important here. Other than the English no other country seems to consider the position that big of deal. Even Capello seems surprised by the attention the decision has gotten, because to Italians it has never been that important.

Lord Triesman, the new chairman of the FA is trying to make sweeping changes in the way the FA has been run. I gather he never thought much of Barwick and it was only a matter of time before he was ousted. I suspect the FA's Board believed Capello would bring in sweeping changes to the England team, because nothing has gone right lately. If Capello had made the important decisions, give Bentley a chance on the right, dealt with the Gerrard/Lampard situation and introduced some of the players off the under 21 team into the senior team, then the picking of a captain may never had become an issue.

Unfortunately the England Captain is more than just who's the best man for the job. The Captain of England has become a public relations and political position as much as an on the field general. You need someone who can become the face of the English national team and can get out there and raise funds, somebody who can schmooze with the politicians and the captains of industry. I am not saying Terry can't do that just that those are also requirements for the job now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

TickTok wrote:
huzup wrote:
The CEO of the FA Brian Barwick will leave his post in December - breaking news

Yes.... the Chelsea boards have been hot on this since this morning. It seems Barwick would not bend to certain people at the FA and his allowing Capello to pick his own captain when those people wanted anyone but John.

How much truth in this we dont know, but the person who broke this on the Chelsea boards quotes 2 top sorses being told to their face by a senior FA person (Not Barwick) that the new captain would be Rio and not John.

The press conferance for the announcement of John as Captain was rushed through in record time, because I am told there were people at the FA trying to get it stopped and force Capello to choose someone else.

Again.... weather this is true or not, we dont know...... but it does look as thou Barwick has had enough of the internal bickering at the FA

I would disregard most of what I have written here as far as why Barwick is leaving. There seems to be little pick up on the captaincy being any major reason for his moving on. I dont doubt the FA wanted Someone other than John, but I cant see it causing all this fall out.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:16 pm


_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huzup

avatar

Number of posts : 1067
Points :
89 / 99989 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Here's something for you - rumour has it Brian Barwick and Rick Parry are going to "swap" jobs.
from one "anti united liverpool supporting **** to another"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm

huzup wrote:
Here's something for you - rumour has it Brian Barwick and Rick Parry are going to "swap" jobs.
from one "anti united liverpool supporting **** to another"

I heard this about a week ago...... strange move.

Nobody made comment to the video I left of Rick Parry..... he really dont look well to me.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 5115
Points :
130 / 999130 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:42 pm

huzup wrote:
Here's something for you - rumour has it Brian Barwick and Rick Parry are going to "swap" jobs.
from one "anti united liverpool supporting **** to another"
But there was also a rumour that Gill of United would get the job as well. But the FA only pays 450,000 pounds and Gill makes a lot more than that at United.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 am

TickTok wrote:
huzup wrote:
Here's something for you - rumour has it Brian Barwick and Rick Parry are going to "swap" jobs.
from one "anti united liverpool supporting **** to another"

I heard this about a week ago...... strange move.

Nobody made comment to the video I left of Rick Parry..... he really dont look well to me.
He looks the same to me.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

avatar

Number of posts : 5199
Points :
115 / 999115 / 999

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:04 pm

simpleman wrote:
TickTok wrote:
huzup wrote:
Here's something for you - rumour has it Brian Barwick and Rick Parry are going to "swap" jobs.
from one "anti united liverpool supporting **** to another"

I heard this about a week ago...... strange move.

Nobody made comment to the video I left of Rick Parry..... he really dont look well to me.
He looks the same to me.

But you see him often... the change isnt so obvious.

I might be wrong, but when I saw him at the Euro draw he looked ill.

_________________
He (Pogba) will score. United are going to use him like Chelsea used Lampard. You watch. Red 07Aug16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brian Barwick set to go   

Back to top Go down
 
Brian Barwick set to go
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Brian Barwick new chairman of the RFL
» Brian Troy - Rivier College Raiders
» Brian left-haded??
» Brian Carthy
» The Brian Kendrick after Unforgiven?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: