Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Platini's latest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Platini's latest.   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:19 am

Platini last night hinted he will move to scrap the January transfer window. Platini does not think players should be able to play for two clubs in the same season and is ready to propose that all transfers be restricted to one window in the summer.

I am not sure about that proposal, good read here that shows how having any restrictions on when teams can buy and sell players is hurting teams in the lower divisions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/08/transfer_window_not_working_in.html#035691

Not sure if uefa could have just one window for teams in the top divisions and allow teams in the lower divisions to make transfer all year round. But if teams in the lower divisions are unable to sell their best players when they have a cash crunch or allowed to bring in players when half their squad is suspended or injured, many more will find themselves in administration.

Platini wants to change dates of the summer window so that trading would cease around the same time that the Barclays Premier League season begins in early August. This idea I believe makes sense. That way the teams would be set on opening day and you would not have all the distractions of who may go and who may come.

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Platini's latest.   Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:51 am

I agree that the window should definitely finish before the season starts. You can see the disruption it has caused at Spurs!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Platini's latest.   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 pm

I think most fans agree the window should close before the start of the season.

Weird that the Spanish n Italian leagues start after the window closes yet we choose to start early.

I am not sure about not having a window in the middle of the season and I think there are grounds.

I like the idea of us having a winter break after news years day for 2 weeks and using those two weeks up as a window for transfers.

Something does need to change

PostSubject: Re: Platini's latest.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 pm

He might as well make a proposal that all English teams play badly and let Spanish and Italian teams win against them
Back to top Go down

Platini's latest.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1