Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Nigel Clough to manage Derby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Nigel Clough to manage Derby   Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:15 am

Clough, 42, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Rams to become Paul Jewell's permanent replacement, leaving Blue Square Premier leaders Burton Albion to take over at Pride Park.

What do you think about this hiring?

Clough has managed at Burton Albion for ten years taking them from the Southern League to the top of the non-leagues, but is this a big jump in class for Clough? No experience in Football League and taking over a club that was in the Premier a couple of years ago. Derby fans are expecting that Clough will get them back into the Premier in the next year or two and Derby is just outside of the relegation zone in the Championship at this time. When you throw in the Clough name and the following in the footsteps of his father, this is not an easy job for Nigel Clough. You wonder if he would have be better to start his career in the Football league somewhere else?

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Clough to manage Derby   Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I am very happy about this as I was a huge fan of his fathers.

I know he has been primed for the job for a long time at Burton (for those of u that dont know - Burton is very close to Derby) and Derby was always his fathers first love.

I hope he is a big success and Derby find themselves back in the top division as quickly as possible.

This was posted at 10-09pm sat -

Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Clough to manage Derby   Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:48 pm

I hope he is successful as well. Just hope that the high expectations that Derby fans have and the comparisons to his father's time at Derby doesn't derail his managerial career.

Nigel Clough to manage Derby
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1