Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Is Mourinho finished at Inter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Mancini was fired after going nowhere in the Champions league, even though he had won 3 Italian Leagues in a row. Mourinho who was hired to win the Champions League and is out of that competition, is coming under a lot of pressure at Inter. Fans protesting, Italian media all over him, so where will Jose be come the start of next season?

Return to Chelsea, if Guus Hiddink is not persuaded to stay?
Replace Mark Hughes at Man City?
Replace Juande Ramos at Real Madrid?
Replace Alex Ferguson at Man United?
Replace Benitez at Liverpool?
Replace Wegner at Arsenal?

I remember reading somewhere that Mourinho had said after leaving Chelsea he wanted to win titles in Italy and Spain before returning to the Premier. So I think Mourinho is off to Spain to manage Real Madrid next year, for a year or two before coming back to England. Where he will end up managing in England is anyone's guess, because potentially all the big four could be looking for new managers in the next couple of years.

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramos was sacked in the summer, Mourinho leaves Inter and goes to Real Madrid, after that I can see him returning to the Premier League.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:38 am

I think it would be interesting to see Mourinho at Madrid. As much as I hate Madrid as a club, i was watching Champions League top 50 goals the other day (Zidanes final strike at no 1) and I realised it pains me to see them not as the club they once were. Its a real shame. They need to be resurrected to the standard that they once were and that is a tough challenge, one befitting of a character like Mourinhos.

Real Madrid shouldnt be losing 5-0 in a CL tie to anyone. Their embarassment is only overshadowed by Lisbon's disgraceful attempts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Great post Abdef!!!!!

Completely agree mate

However, i do like them as a club, so as you it pains me to seem them not as big as they were.. They were such a force! And amazing to watch, i aint saying they are poor now.. Just gone downhill.. ALOT

They were the kings of European Football..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Mixed emotions on the Real Madrid situation. A great well respected club for many a year. They were a lot of help to United in the days after Munich, agreeing to play friendlies against United to raise money and United's profile.

But something went wrong their the last 7 or 8 years. This whole policy of Galácticos and the buying of the presidency. Their attempts to raid other top clubs of their best players and the use of the media and people like Platini and Blatter to get their way, has lost them a lot of support.

I think they need some time outside of the best clubs in football to rediscover their humility.

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:35 pm

It seems I am swimming in a different direction than some of you guys - I love the fact that clubs like Real Madrid Ac Milan n Liverpool are finding it much more difficult to win as they once did with ease.

The new boys on the block will continue to grow and soon this so called pull of being a big club with history will be no ace to play when attracting new players.

Nothing is more amusing than watching Robben struggle at Madrid - AC Milan being a old players home that cant even get to the latter stages of the UEFA cup - Liverpool 18 years n counting.

I like change - I really hope City get it right early so their are 5 teams with a real chance of CL football in this country.

As far as Jose? I think he will stay at Inter.

He wants to come home - but he wont be allowed until someone else wins something at the club - Roman needs to have that in his locker after Jose said before leaving - find someone else to do the job as good as me.

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Is Mourinho finished at Inter?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Well Jose wasn't far from wrong aswell..

He has to be one of my fave characters in Football..

His honesty, confidence.. and he deserves to do the lot! Because he simply is great.. and not many can argue against that!

Would love too see him back at Chelsea
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is Mourinho finished at Inter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1