Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Lack of Interest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 am

I think the lack if postings on the last international at this board kinda shows what the English public think of England internationals these days - another friendly - lots of injuries - I am getting tired of these breaks from club football.

I didnt watch the game saturday - caught a few highlights - and I am seriously debating playing darts on weds night for my local who will be a couple of players short instead of watching the game.

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:37 am

Quite the contrary for me. I am more interested in international football than ever before. We take our national team and its perceived success for granted and we are only starting to realise that we are actually shit. English football internationally has started afresh and its interesting to see how it goes.

The game on Saturday was a good performance. Nothing special. First half we werent great, but the second half was much better. We scored the first goal and continued to play to a level to dominate the game without offering much. Then as they started to tire we took advantage and thoroughly finished them off. A Utd or Chelsea fan would call such a performance by their team a professional performance, but so often in the past we would suggest England were poor or lacklustre. At the moment the results are coming and we only lost to Spain (the worlds best) with half a team.

I have tickets to the game on Wednesday, since I managed to get them relatively cheap. I am looking forward to getting behind the team in this campaign, since Capello seems to have installed a new confidence and a new sense of realism into the place.

Dare I say, he has Rooney behaving and playing better than Sir Alex? 6 goals in 5 games for England and he hasnt lost his temper like he does for Utd. And, I'll whisper this quietly, but Frank and Gerrard both played well....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huzup

Number of posts : 1067

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:03 pm

I think Capello has rekindled interest for quite a few - a man many rate as one of the top managers of the game at this moment in time, and if he became available a lot of the top clubs would be after him.

Ye, maybe we do need to take a step back and start from scratch, players like Agbonlahor, A.Young and Walcott getting more involved and a manager that picks players on form, rather than "the team picking itself approach".

Saying that I only saw the goals and did not watch the game, but I will be watching on Wednesday evening.

There is relative progress and the defeat by Spain shows how far away we are at genuinely attempting to win a major competition.

More of the same from Capello, consistency and results showing we are making some progress.

After the disappointment of not making the Euro 08 championships many people did switch off from international football, some before that - I think Capello may be able to bring them back, well he's making a good enough job of it anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok - so would having the board chatbox up for the game be an idea that u guys would be in favour of?

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:05 pm

I think having the chatbox up during any games that people are most likely to watch online wud be a good idea. A good way to let off steam mid game!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huzup

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:38 pm

Ye that'd be good - during games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

I have sat n watched the England game tonight - n the media have been going on about Rooney n Gerrard I was expecting wonderful performances.

Well we waste our best player for 70 mins then release him to play his natural game n he sets up one n scores one.

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 pm

abcdef wrote:
I think having the chatbox up during any games that people are most likely to watch online wud be a good idea. A good way to let off steam mid game!!

I will put it up tomorrow so peeps can get used to it - n with it there - more will know why.

huzup

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Another striker bites the dust - and Gabby Ag is brought in.
Crouch is fit - but the only strikers they have are Crouch and Agbonlahor - and still a fully fit Michael Owen is not getting called up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 pm

I would love Owen to get back too his best..

He needs to leave Newcastle imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm

so how many of you are going to have the chatroom running throughout tonights game?

huzup

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:46 pm

I'm planning to be on for this one...see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Interest   Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Who... who..!?

Gerrard or Lampard..?!?!

Mutley
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lack of Interest