Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TickTok

Number of posts : 5198

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich   Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm

In what can only be described as a amazing choice by a club known for choosing "Gentlemen" as their club manager, Roy Keane is their prefered choice on a 2 year contract.

I am very suprized at this move - the club has no money - poor squad - n just won the East Anglian Derby v Norwich (I have a house up in Norfolk - Its a big derby trust me Rolling Eyes )

Its going to be very interesting what happens n I think someone should run a swindle on how many months he lasts.

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich   Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:22 am

Maybe it will just about shake up a club that could be in need of some shaking up.

A once Premier League side, somewhat losing their way in recent times.

I understand there is some money available at Ipswich and the previous manager achieved very little given his resources.

Keane took Sunderland from almost nothing to practically everything in less than a season...perhaps a gamble worth taking for a club with a bit of ambition.

The worst that can happen, is he fails and gets sacked. And he wouldnt be the first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich   Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 am

It is possible that Keane is able to get the most out of Championship level players and get a team in the Championship into the Premier, but is not able to get average Premier level players to raise their game. Mick McCarthy is another one, he's got Wolves back into the Premier, but he's never been that successful at the Premier level. Neil Warnock is similar. Maybe a team like Ipswich is Keane's level, the players may been in awe of him another to push their limits. I never thought he would be back but who knows, may be worth a shot for Ipswich, they have nothing to lose.

Number of posts : 995

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich   Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Apparently he has 25 million to spend..

He's already been having a dig at others Laughing Sparky, Bruce and Co.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5115

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich   Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:38 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
Apparently he has 25 million to spend..

He's already been having a dig at others Laughing Sparky, Bruce and Co.. Laughing

Did he have a dig at the ex United pllayers that are now or have managed, or is it the media putting a negative spin on it and trying to raise shit.

Keane did say that Bruce is having a good season at Wigan and Hughes did well with Blackburn. All he really said is that neither of them or Ince or Robson have won any thing yet. And you can't say your are a great or successful manager unless you have won something. Keane problem is that he speaks his mind and he calls a spade a spade, people would rather have things sugar coated, but that's not Keane.

NutJob Keane surfaces in Ipswich
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1